2012 Buy-Side Survey Results
- The majority of respondents (92%) expect their OTC Derivatives usage to increase or stay the same. Using counterparties for OTC valuations was the most popular method cited in this year's survey (48%).
- More than one-third (36%) of respondents trade, structure, support or sell structured products in their portfolio.
- The biggest challenges faced by buy-side respondents this year include accurate risk assessment (27%) and independent pricing and valuation (25%).
- Respondents cited "greater analysis and awareness of model risk" (49%) and "carrying out stress testing" (47%) as the key ways to adjust their risk management strategy.
- Respondents believed that most the important elements of an OTC derivatives pricing and risk management solution were transparent, documented models (73%) and portfolio valuation and analysis (71%).
- 64% of respondents said regulations will have a major or moderate impact.
- 83% of the respondents expect their company to keep their IT spending as is or increase this year.
Download the full report in PDF