Join FINCAD, the leading provider of valuation and risk analytics for multi-asset, multi-currency portfolios. Our flexible, fast, accurate, transparent and holistic solutions help over 1,000 global organizations enhance investment returns, manage risk, reduce costs, comply with regulations and provide confidence to investors and shareholders.
We are in search of a Software Developer to join FINCAD's Quantitative Research team. In this position, you get to:
- Create new Python microservices for our Platform product.
- Improve our Python microservice infrastructure and extend it to other programming languages.
- Support other users and developers of microservices.
- Develop new components for our distributed build system.
- Actively seek and clarify requirements with product owners and other subject matter experts.
- Design code with performance/load, usability and maintainability in mind.
- Aggressively seek opportunities to automate repetitive tasks/processes.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering and 2+ years of work experience in a professional software development environment.
- Strong hands-on experience using Python.
- Strong hands-on experience with Bash scripting in Unix.
- Knowledge of debugging and monitoring processes.
- Understanding of distributed software architectures.
Preference would be given to those candidates that have additional experience in/with the following:
- Proficiency in cloud technologies and containerization.
- Proficiency in Python's asyncio and aiohttp.
- Familiarity with Jupyter notebooks.
- Familiarity with Jenkins and Artifactory.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux installer packaging technologies (WiX, rpm, deb).
- Ability to analyze and profile C++ code.
- Experience with batch and PowerShell scripting on Windows.
Please note: This position is based in the Metro Vancouver area; as such, only those candidates with Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or valid work permit will be considered.
At FINCAD, you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside hard-working, smart people to build something that matters. The learning is continuous and in addition to a flexible work environment, we offer a generous vacation policy.