VP of Marketing
What we will ask of you:
This position is responsible for determining and executing the marketing strategy required to achieve FINCAD's sales growth, visibility and customer engagement objectives. This includes creating a strong marketing message and competitive position aligned with the corporate strategy and direction. In addition, as a member of the executive team, the VP of Marketing will contribute to the corporate strategy and overall company management.
Accountabilities will include:
- Provide strategic leadership and ensure marketing operations are highly effective and well coordinated across all functions e.g. marketing communications, field/channel/partner marketing, on-line marketing and product marketing.
- Lead, develop, and mentor a high-performing marketing team to deliver and exceed expectations and also realize their professional development goals.
- Develop a deep understanding of all products, solutions and competitive differentiators.
- Provide strategic marketing strategy, including for corporate branding and competitive positioning, customer segment selection and related product positioning.
- Assist in the development of clear, compelling marketing messages, ensuring message consistency across the business.
- Ensure, in partnership with Sales, the creation of demand generation strategies to drive sales and recognition for the company and its global products and solutions offerings.
- Grow the external awareness of the company's thought leadership, including with industry analysts, through partnership with Product Management and R&D.
- Ensure the digital marketing strategy and use of marketing automation technology (Marketo) adds strategic benefit to the marketing function operations and results.
- Ensure metrics and success criteria are developed and tracked for all marketing programs and activities, including impact on sales pipeline and improvement on marketing ROI.
- Work collaboratively with other organizational leaders to achieve company goals.
- Develop the annual plan and budget for the Marketing function and manage to it.
What You'll Need:
- 15+ years of experience with B2B marketing of highly complex technology software and solutions in a niche industry, ideally analytics software, with the last 4 years in a senior management position.
- Proven ability to lead a marketing organization and ensure accountability for results that maximize contribution to business objectives.
- Track record of leading high-performing teams through authentic leadership skills which motivate individuals to exceed expectations and grow professionally.
- Proven ability to provide effective coaching to varying individual members of a cross-disciplinary marketing team.
- Track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies and campaigns which have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Proven experience developing demand generation strategies, including persona building, content strategy plans and digital execution of lead nurturing tactics, in a complex sales environment.
- Track record of partnering/aligning with Sales and making trade-off decisions within budget to achieve lead generation goals and drive revenue through sales channels including Partners and Strategic Alliances.
- Experience with marketing automation systems and how to leverage them to maximize impact of marketing campaigns across channels.
- Experience in brand marketing, strategic analysis and product positioning, including a track record of effectively collaborating with Product Management.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) and the ability to effectively articulate and represent a company's position with customers and analysts.
- Strong ability to make pragmatic, fact based decisions that align to corporate objectives.
- Intelligent, strategic thinker with good judgment and the ability to translate strategy into operational goals, with a strong bias towards execution and results.
- Creative with the ability to think in shades of grey and solve problems with out-of-the-box solutions.
- Ability to build strong relationships with diverse internal stakeholders globally and external suppliers and vendors (e.g. PR/Ad agencies, Research/Analyst agencies).
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal skills to drive engagement and participation at all levels, with a willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Previous experience in the finance industry and/or financial technology and knowledge of financial derivatives is stongly preferred. If not, then strong interest in and desire/commitment and capability to learn the capital markets space.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, communications or related field; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude; you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity to learn and grow in the software and finance industry, please email your resume with a covering letter to email@example.com