Technical Writer/Information Developer
What we will ask of you:
Reporting to the Technical Publications Manager, the Technical Writer/Information Developer will assist in the creation of documentation from software requirements, other technical documentation, or from information gathered from subject matter experts. He or she will work closely with the Product Management team to define the structure, content, and delivery format for various documentation artifacts to ensure they are suited to the target audience. The Technical Writer/Information Developer will also work closely with the Research and Development team to ensure accurate and high-quality content. This position requires key strengths in the areas of teamwork, managing commitments, and technical expertise.
In consultation with the Technical Publications Manager, you will be expected to:
- Plan and develop a new documentation infrastructure for the FINCAD software product lines.
- Using information architecture principles, identify gaps in existing documentation and devise plans to create new software documentation.
- Become an expert user of FINCAD software products in order to author and update tutorials and user guides.
- Edit complex academic articles, white papers, and mathematical specifications.
What You'll Need:
- Fluent user of authoring, desktop publishing, and online-help development software (e.g., experience with tools such as Flare, MS Word, and XML editors).
- Willingness to engage with highly technical topics, especially in respect to quantitative finance and software development.
- Bachelor's degree in any relevant field, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- 3+ years working in a software development environment, with at least 2 years in a documentation role, strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational, planning, and analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Personable, with the ability to effectively interact with a variety of subject matter experts across the organization.
- Strong collaboration skills in a team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued learning.
- Definite assets include:
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial engineering.
- Experience with programming and coding, and with reading code.
- Technical Communications certificate or course work or training in technical writing.
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude; you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity to learn and grow in the software and finance industry, please email your resume with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org