Solutions Support Analyst
What we will ask of you:
As part of the Client Services team, the Solutions Support Analyst will respond to client enquiries and provide proactive client support to enable clients achieve success in their use of FINCAD solutions while gaining exposure to a variety of financial securities and derivatives. You will work very closely with pre-sales/professional services staff, FINCAD Sales and FINCAD R&D, and will be focused primarily post-sales support with some involvement with pre-sales and professional services. You will be expected to have a "can-do" attitude that allows you to find seemingly impossible solutions to difficult problems. You will continuously look for opportunities improve processes and optimize knowledge capture and management to help FINCAD enable customer success. You will be expected to demonstrate a high level of organization, drive and commitment in all aspects of the role. You will be given the opportunity to develop key skills such as team work, managing client relationships, and project management.
Accountabilities will include:
- Serve as a primary contact for FINCAD clients and ensuring client satisfaction and success through a consistently high level of product and technical assistance.
- Provide technical support of new and on-going valuations.
- Price swaps, swaptions, and other complex derivatives using various industry standard models.
- Respond effectively to Client enquires
- Retrieve and utilize market data (curves, volatilities, etc.) for pricing financial instruments.
- Conduct due diligence during data collection by ensuring the accuracy and validity of market data.
- Perform reviews of derivative valuations.
- Build pricing applications which will be used to price financial instruments.
- Help drive ongoing efficiencies in the Client Services group through the capture and sharing of knowledge for use by clients, partners, and FINCAD stakeholders.
- Document conversations and activities with all contacts in the FINCAD's CRM database.
- Clearly document all bugs and deficiencies within the FINCAD Support system and participate, where necessary, in their timely resolution.
- Continually deepen personal knowledge of the financial domain through self and assisted studies.
What You'll Need:
- University degree (business - finance, mathematics, computer science) is required.
- An understanding of financial markets, including securities and derivatives.
- Advanced proficiency with computer applications, such as MS Excel, Macros, and Word.
- Programming experience (Excel/VBA, MATLAB, Python, C++) and object-oriented design experience would be a big asset.
- Intelligent, numerate problem solver with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work with multiple levels of personnel and multiple task levels.
- Self-motivated, hard-working and adaptable with the ability to prioritize competing responsibilities while working in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment.
- Quick learner with a strong understanding of quantitative finance and commitment to increase level of domain knowledge through continuous learning.
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences and through a variety of mediums.
- Detail oriented with good planning and organizational abilities.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging and performance-driven environment with a strong commitment to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientation, adaptability and desire and tenacity to succeed.
- Ability to mentor team members and clients alike and provide technical leadership.
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude; you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity to learn and grow in the software and finance industry, please email your resume with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.