Quality Assurance Engineer
(15 Month Contract)
What we will ask of you:
As a key member of the QA team, reporting to the QA Manager, the QA Engineer will work closely with the Development team, R&D, Product Management Team and other members of the QA team to create and execute test plans on brand new products which align with corporate strategy, as well as continually find ways of improving test automation and documentation.
Accountabilities will include:
- Create functional test cases or scripts and supporting test data for each product feature to ensure that the data adequately tests all possible situations to reflect business and technology requirements.
- Create and execute test plan to perform feature acceptance testing or regression testing.
- Provide input to the defect reporting process, and collaborate with developers as needed during feature acceptance test, system test and regression test efforts.
- Log, track, and report defect resolution progress.
- Provide detailed estimates for allocated work items and regularly report progress on allocated work, including issues that impact the quality or timeliness of the work.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently in cross-functional project teams regarding expected product behaviours and customer expectations.
- Conduct conformance testing on multiple platforms and environments.
- Prepare test status reports during test execution process.
- Ongoing maintenance of test case databases and test data sets.
- Continue to improve test automation work by providing test scenarios and test steps, executing and debugging test scripts, maintaining existing test scripts and documentation.
- Participate in the continual improvement of the analytics, development, and QA processes and procedures implemented at FINCAD.
- Continually improve knowledge of the financial domain by reading books, attending seminars/courses and subsequently disseminating the knowledge amongst the QA and development teams.
What You'll Need:
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar discipline.
- 3+ years of working experience in software quality assurance.
- Excellent knowledge of software development life cycle, including a thorough understanding of software quality assurance processes and methodologies.
- Proven experience with creating test strategies, test plan, test cases, and test execution.
- Familiarity with platform testing and configurations (Windows and Unix).
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Perl, Java etc. is an asset.
- Experience in creating, documenting, executing, and troubleshooting automation test scripts is an asset.
- Very strong communication skills and the ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences.
- Strong analytical, investigative, and organizational skills.
- Quick learner with commitment to acquire a high level of domain knowledge in quantitative finance.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and performance-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus, with an ability to adapt and the desire and tenacity to succeed.
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude; you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity to learn and grow in the software and finance industry, please email your resume with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org