Junior Systems Administrator
What we will ask of you:
As part of the IT team, the Junior Systems Administrator plays an integral role in helping the department achieve its objectives of maintaining a highly efficient and reliable network system with a low total cost of ownership, ensuring high availability of FINCAD's hosted systems and delivering high quality helpdesk and development support.
Accountabilities will include:
- Provide first level support for a busy IT department.
- Responsible for maintenance, repairs and installations.
- Assist internal users experiencing operational, hardware, or network connectivity problems with their computer systems.
- Provide basic support for the office productivity software used within the organization.
- Perform upgrades, repairs and preventive maintenance on servers, desktops, printers, and other equipment.
- Participate in systems design and implementation.
- Verify data integrity of backup and restore systems.
- Maintain phone and voicemail system.
- Carry emergency pager as scheduled.
- Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
What you'll need:
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Electronics Technology.
- A+, Microsoft, or Redhat Certified is an advantage.
- Able to effectively communicate issues and solutions to all levels of the organization.
- Strong work ethic.
- Willingness to multi-task and be flexible to take on varied responsibilities.
- Able to demonstrate patience, tact, and respect.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Candidate must be time flexible as the team provides 24x7 support.
Advanced Knowledge in:
- Personal computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones, printers, and network equipment.
- TCP/IP and network protocols such as DHCP, DNS, HTTP, FTP, and SMTP.
- Windows7 & 8 desktop operating systems.
- MS Office Suite 2010 & 2013.
Basic Knowledge in:
- Windows Active Directory and domain group policies.
- Window 2003/2008/2012 Server environment.
- Deploying Windows with WDS.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
- Microsoft Office Lync Server and unified messaging.
- Symantec Backup Exec.
- Mac and Linux Operating Systems.
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude; you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity to learn and grow in the software and finance industry, please email your resume with a covering letter to email@example.com