Junior Systems Administrator
What we will ask of you:
As part of the IT team, the Junior Systems Administrator will play a critical role in helping the IT department achieve its objectives of maintaining a highly efficient and reliable network system with a low total cost of ownership, ensuring high availability of FINCAD's hosted systems and delivering high quality helpdesk and development support.
Accountabilities will include:
- Provide first level support for a busy IT department.
- Provide maintenance, repairs and installations.
- Assist internal users experiencing operational, hardware, or network connectivity problems with their computer systems.
- Provide basic support for the office productivity software used within the organization.
- Perform upgrades, repairs and preventive maintenance on servers, desktops, printers, and other equipment.
- Participate in systems design and implementation.
- Verify data integrity of backup and restore systems.
- Maintain phone and voicemail system.
- Carry emergency pager as scheduled.
- Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
What you'll need:
- At least two years of professional IT experience.
- A college diploma in Systems Administration or equivalent.
- A+ or Microsoft Certified is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientation, adaptability and desire and tenacity to succeed.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and performance-driven environment.
- Detail oriented with good planning and organizational abilities.
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to multi-task and to take on a variety of responsibilities.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Must be flexible with time as the team provides 24/7 support.
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude; you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity to learn and grow in the software and finance industry, please email your resume with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org