What we will ask of you:
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager and working in close collaboration with the Applications Development team and Information Technology department, the Build Engineer is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the continuous integration multi-platform build system for FINCAD's analytics product lines.
Accountabilities will include:
- Actively seek and clarify requirements with product owners and other subject matter experts.
- Maintain existing build system and ensure proper functionality.
- Support users of the build system and resolve any problems encountered with product builds.
- Develop new components of the build system and work closely with IT to implement them.
- Maintain and develop product installers.
- Provide realistic task estimates, milestones and updates, and complete tasks on time.
- Design code with performance/load, usability and maintainability in mind.
- Automate repetitive tasks/processes.
What You'll Need:
- At least 1 year of experience using Python at a professional level, or a good understanding of other scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Ruby) and a willingness to learn Python programming within the first three months of employment.
- Experience with operating Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or newer, Microsoft Windows 7, RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 or newer; being able to work using Windows console and Linux terminal.
- Familiarity with SUSE Enterprise Linux is an asset.
- Familiarity with SCons software construction tool is an asset.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux installer packaging technologies is an asset.
- Ability to assess problems; recommend appropriate solutions, and implement them.
- Ability to create accurate and coherent build system documentation and build system maintenance logs.
- Good knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies.
- University degree or recognized diploma in computer science or software engineering is an asset.
If you are a fast learner, a team player who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, and you possess a positive attitude; you are a perfect fit for this dynamic, fun, fast-growing company.
To apply for this exciting opportunity to learn and grow in the software and finance industry, please email your resume with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org