We are looking for a passionate Business Development Associate to identify, pursue and cultivate new market opportunities for FINCAD's products and services.
As part of the EMEA Sales Team, Business Development Associate will have a territory of existing customer relationships and will be expected to:
- Develop new opportunities within key accounts by up-selling, cross-selling and renewal sales.
- Effectively manage the annual sales renewal process.
- Identify and forward account expansion leads to the Enterprise Sales team.
- Develop a strong understanding of our technology offerings to sell against and/or unseat competition.
- Build great relationships with clients based on mutual trust.
- Understand how customers use our technology to meet their goals.
- Understand business goals of clients in order to assess, initiate and drive expansion opportunities.
- Understand customer issues and facilitate resolution by advocating internally when needed, and ensuring timely client follow-up.
- Ensure that corporate CRM and order management standards are maintained.
- Partner with and work collaboratively with our customer facing technical team.
- Be an active contributor to a positive, collaborative, and high performing team environment.
As a finance professional, you will need to possess the following to ensure your successful onboarding and performance in this role:
- Organized, driven, results focused, customer oriented finance professional with an interest in business development.
- Understanding of the capital markets; provide valuable insights to clients in a consultative manner.
- Keen interest in financial technology; ensure clients are successful in solving their business problems and extract value from our solutions.
- With a strategic mind and client focus, build relationships with key individuals, and develop and close renewal and new business opportunities.
- Take pride in working for a company that truly values teamwork, honesty, integrity, delivering results, and putting customers first.
- A genuine interest in business development and sales career with a good understanding of what is involved. For example, a demonstrated understanding of the sales cycle through research.
- We are committed to supporting ambitious individuals that want to co-invest in developing themselves to their full potential.
- Exceptional communication skills and demonstrated ability to influence, in-person or over the phone.
- Strong time management, follow-up and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Established personal characteristics of drive/motivation, self-confidence, initiative, curiosity, competitiveness, perseverance, win-win attitude and integrity.
- Work well as part of a team; leverage resources, share knowledge, ask questions.
- Quick learner with strong interest in finance and commitment to acquire necessary knowledge.
Education & Employment Background
- University degree majoring in finance, economics, languages, computer science or mathematics preferred.
- Up to 3 years' experience in the financial markets, with a good understanding of financial derivatives products.
- Track record of success, and driven to be the very best in the field.
- Previous internal or external customer-facing roles in organizations with a demonstrated 'customer first' attitude; a strong ability to manage client relationships.
- Track record of providing solutions to customer needs.
- Knowledge of financial organization structures, buying influences and purchasing processes.
- Previous sales experience is highly preferred.
What's In It for You?
In addition to our competitive compensation and benefits package, we offer all employees:
- Opportunity to work at a company that values its employees and believes in creating a positive work environment with a results oriented performance based culture.
- A corporate culture that strongly believes in personal growth, offering employees ongoing professional development and opportunities to grow and develop within the organization.
- Offices that are bright, airy and 100% open-plan and a close-knit team environment where we support each other towards shared success.
Interested? Next Steps:
If the above profile describes you well, please submit your resume/CV along with a cover letter answering the following:
- Why do you think you will be successful in the Financial Technology industry?
- What intrigues you most about the products and solutions offered by FiNCAD?
- What factors are driving your interest in a career in sales?
We look forward to hearing from you!