We have a Senior Software Developer position, which is part of FINCAD's technical client facing team, Client Services, and that partners closely with FINCAD's Research & Development team on implementing FINCAD solutions for customers. A key goal for the team is to contribute to building out our hosted solution in AWS.
Please note: This position is based in Dublin, Ireland; as such, only those candidates with Irish Citizenship or Permanent Residency, or European Union applicants with the ability to relocate to and work in Ireland will be considered.
As a Senior Software Developer at FINCAD, you get to:
- Develop primarily in Python within a microservice architecture
- Work closely with architects and senior developers to design new features and to improve existing functionality in our applications
- Conduct research on new tools and technologies to further the development of FINCAD's software
- Travel to customer sites and work in diverse technical environments (travel max 25%)
To ensure your success, you must have:
- At least 8 years of software development experience
- Strong proficiency in Java or Python
- Computer Science, Software Engineering or other degree with a strong software component
- Experience with microservices and associated technologies (e.g. REST)
- A proven track record of high performance and the ability to operate independently without close oversight when required
- Desire to work in a flexible environment using many different toolsets
Would be great if you also have:
- Experience in data management and data integration.
- Relational Database experience
- Knowledge of the financial industry, ideally including financial systems
- Experience working with customers
- Experience working closely with or in DevOps teams